Monday, January 23, 2006

Thoughts...

I went to a funeral this weekend in support of a friend of mine from church who lost her mom unexpectedly, (she came in and found her mom just sitting on the couch with her lunch in her hand, it was very quick) and I listened as the pastor talked all about this woman, about how she had nothing to give her family in her passing. She had no inheritance to give them, but what she did give them was worth more than money, money comes and goes and can be gone in a flash with nothing to show for it, she gave them a legacy of Love. The family had such stories of love and tenderness and how Dottie would go way out of her way for them it was beautiful. It made me realize what I hope to leave behind for my children.
A legacy of Love.
God Bless the family of Dorothy Jelvik.

1 comments:

David/Sue said...

It's too late when we die to admit we dont see eye to eye, Love that song. Yes we must appreciate what we have while we have it,