Monday, June 05, 2006

Shiloh


Shiloh Dec. 10, 1986- June 3, 2006. We had very hard time Saturday night as we had to say goodbye to our very dear friend Shiloh. He was a very wonderful dog and will be missed terribly. He started getting sick about 3 weeks ago, at first we thought he just had a cold and he would come out of it so we kept a watch on him and he never lost his activity level. Then he started not eating all of his food but he was still eating and drinking lots of water well this weekend we had to take him to the vet to see what was wrong as by this time he had lost about 20 lbs. He had pancreatitus (?) and diabetes, as well as a mass in his abdomen. He was almost 10 and given he was at the tail end of his life expectancy and because there was no guarantees, we had to send him to heaven. Shiloh you will be greatly missed and especially by your buddy Joey who is grieving you terribly. We love you.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Awwwww hugs and prayers for you all

David/Sue said...

Oh I am so sorry, I am crying too as I know how it hurts to lose a dog or cat. I often think of my kitty, HE is such a good friend to me, he is always at my feet or has his tail in my face. Or he is tripping me but David keeps reminding me he will die someday and maybe soon, Lets hope not.
Tell Joey we feel really bad but Shiloh is not in pain now. That just does not help.