Sunday, November 29, 2009

Flops

I'm not sure why The Great Oven Spirit has it in for me, but I always manage to screw something up when it comes to baking. Most of you have, no doubt, tasted something great from my oven, Unfortunately, for every happy ending there are probably 15 flops.

One of the things that was a flop was rice krispy treats, how do you screw those up you ask it is only butter, marshmallows and crisp rice cereal well I had every thing right but when I grabbed the spray pam to spray in my dish I grabbed the garlic spray instead. Now mind you they were good and sweet and as you are chewing they are great but then you get this hint of garlic that makes you go wait... what is that?

My latest flop was the pumpkin cheesecake I made for Thanksgiving well it wasn't a flop so much as it just wasn't cooked all of the way through, I followed the recipe to the T but when I took the spring form pan off it started oozing Charles and I trying to think of what to do, dumped it in a bowl for later. We then took it out put it in the oven longer and it came out awesome, not as pretty but awesome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, we all have flops in the kitchen and somedays it would be better just to walk away and order out. EVERYTHING goes wrong.