Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kool-Aid Moms



As my children were growing up I always said I wanted to be the "Kool-Aid" Mom of the block, and in part I was... I was given the opportunity to stay at home with my children as they were growing older. I had a small daycare so the boys would have others to play with I was there when they needed a knee bandaged and had popsicle's ready on warm summer days. As the boys have grown they haven't needed Mom as much, they can put on their own bandages and get their own popsicle's out of the freezer. I do know most all of their friends and they all come and go out of the house. I have been kind if put on the back burner, yes I know the boys love me but lately all I have had is my work until recently... as of 4 months ago I have become the Kool-Aid mom again not so much as before but to my 20 year old or any of his room mates I am again. When they need something he calls to ask Mom how do I make gravy like yours or we have a pumpkin pie how long do you cook it now that it has defrosted? We all go through changes and I am seeing my oldest becoming a man who after a very HARD start into adulthood is learning to stand on his own. Seasons come and go and I am enjoying this new season and again being the Kool-Aid Mom to 10 misfit men who have all had rough starts but for the most part have no one to love them. So I am showing them Christ's Love in my own little way by being Kool-Aid Mom.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, I can think of no better way to show Gods love than through service. Service however small touches hearts.