Thursday, September 01, 2005

What in the World

Ok I am sitting at the computer doing my normal thing, reading mail and such when Joseph comes in and goes "Mom I love the way your mint smells so much (I have spearmint growing in a pot on my back deck, it just keeps coming back every year) I could smell it all of the time "I go I know I love the way it smells too" then Joe goes no I shoved a leaf up my nose... Now I am thinking "Oh you did not"! Joe goes "yes I did" I am still at this point thinking he is joking with me, he says "I rolled it up really small and shoved it up there" I then say "well get it out of your nose" then he says "I can't" Now he has my full attention I go "lets see" I grab his head, start trying to see the leaf up his nose and exclaim shoot I can't see anything! Joe then says I can get it he then proceeds to stick his finger up his nose, I go "no don't you will shove it up further, go blow it out of your nose". So we go to the bathroom and he grabs some tissue and starts blowing. I go "let me see now, I will grab it with the tweezers if I have to" (I am thinking to myself now, how humiliating I am going to have to take my 10 year old to the ER to have a leaf removed from his nose when he should have known better) I cant see a thing I am pulling on his nostril to get a better view "grab me a flashlight" shoot I still cant see a thing " Joe keep blowing your nose. He blows some more, we repeat with the flashlight thing I am pulling on his nose he then says "Mom I will just sniff it in" I go "no you cant do that it will really get stuck then it will rot up your nose, then it will really stink" I am now starting to giggle but keeping my composure. Joe starts blowing again, I leave the room to find a better flashlight then he yells " Mom, I got it! It came out" I go in there and say "let me see" there is this leaf about an inch and a half long lying in the tissue. Now I ask, What in the world would make a 10 year old still stick something up his nose?

1 comments:

Kristina said...

well duh mom it smelled good! always a good reason to shove stuff up yer nose lol.. im giggling now ahhhh kids