Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Taking Pictures With My Heart

Taking Pictures With My heart
~Vickey L. Banks~

It was an extraordinary moment at the end of and otherwise ordinary day.
I was walking down the hallway of our home when I came upon the sweetest sight I had ever seen: my three year-old-son brushing his teeth. No, it wasn't the fact that Parker was brushing his teeth; it was what he looked like at that moment. With aid of his well-used footstool, he still had to stand on his tippy toes to barely see into the mirror. Clad only in his tiny white T-shirt and"big boy" underwear, the little muscles in his calves were clearly outlined. He looked so small, so innocent and pure.
I froze in place. Looking on, I realized that someday that same precious little boy would probably be bigger than I was. He would be able to pick me up! So, I willed time to stand for a few marvelous moments while I soaked up the memory of what he looked like on his tiptoes.
I thought of going to get my camera to capture the moment forever, but I couldn't bear to turn away. Instead, I did what mothers have been doing for centuries.
I took a picture with my heart.

0 comments: