Saturday, February 26, 2005

Update

Well the results are in partially that is. Two weeks ago I had mentioned that Charles had gone to the hospital-
he wasn't feeling well he had a really bad pressing feeling in his chest and some pain, they kept him part of the day diagnosed him as having Angina http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/pages/4/1675_51092.htm
and he and was given a prescription to take. Well this week he had to go in for more testing, he took a stress test and and echocardiogram. There are some other blood tests he has to do next week. The cardiologist called yesterday and said that things looked fine and there wasn't anything to worry about. Praise God! I am so glad about that, but there are things to be concerned about like his high cholesterol (he is now on a prescription for Lipitor) and being over weight. Ok I understand these things and we have actually been trying to do something about this sense the first of the year, now unfortunately this Dr. Was an absolute jerk and had we met this man before we had a battery of tests performed we would have chosen another one. So now we have learned we do need to screen these Dr.s. He told Charles he needs to be 160 lbs. coming from a man of Asian descent I understand where he is coming from but, Charles is height-weight proportionate (granted he has lost 20 lbs sense the first of the year) and his goal would be to be 185 but last year he hired a trainer and ate protein shakes and stuff he couldn't break the 200 mark. So now where to go from here. The Dr. Also said it was all my fault that Charles is over-weight because I am the one doing all of the cooking. Nice huh! I don't remember holding my husband down and force feeding him.
I'll give more info as I learn it.

0 comments: