Saturday, January 08, 2005

Bunny Slippers

It's healthy to be willing to laugh at yourself and make light of your shortcomings. We all have our quirks, so we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously. One of the best solutions I know for this is to take the "bunny-slipper approach," a philosophy of life we all need to practice.
A friend sent me a pair of bunny slippers, and every now and then I put them on, especially when I am tempted to start thinking I'm important or "nearly famous." There' something about bunny slippers that keeps my perspective where it belongs, but in addition to that my bunny slippers remind me that whatever happens doesn't have to get me down. I can still be a little silly and laugh and enjoy life. Pain dissolves, frustrations vanish and burdens roll away when I have on my bunny slippers.

Barbara Johnson- Mama, get the Hammer

0 comments: