Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sundays of the past

Sunday has always been a fun day for me. After church growing up we always went to my grandfathers house and we would have Sunday dinner with him, the memories it evokes when I think back on these times is powerful and wonderful. I think of going in the door and giving my grandpa a hug and of him always smelling of vanilla pipe tobacco and him always having a pocket full of lemon drops. We would have lunch of roast or fried chicken with mounds of mashed potatoes with the most wonderful gravies mmm... I even got a weird way to eat cottage cheese I sprinkle sugar on it, that is how grandpa ate his. I hope as I get older my children will have wonderful memories of their grandparents I try to always make sure there are moments where they can share their lives even though we are miles apart and we can't be at their homes every Sunday like it was for me when I grew up. I also pray that the grandparents will find this to be times to cherish as well.

0 comments: